This article explains how to expand the disks under a VM in a protection group is a source VMs disk has been expanded
- Access to the SafeHaven console (GUI).
- Access to Lumen portal
- SafeHaven version 4.0.2 or above are required
Expand disk on the DR SRN
This step explains how to expand disk on the DR SRN to accomodate the expanded storage on source VM
- Login to SafeHaven console.
- Click on the Protection group where the source VMs disk has been resized.
- Under the properties panel, note down the Data volume Storage Pool under Peer side.
- Click on the SRN where the PG resides under DR datacenter.
- In properties panel, note down the disks corresponding to the Claimed Storage Pool for the resized source VM. This will appear like /dev/sdd, or /dev/sde,etc
- Login to Lumen Cloud Portal : https://control.ctl.io/
- Under infrastructure, go to the DR SRN for the resized source VM under the DR Datacenter.
- On the right hand side, click on edit storage. Expand the disk in CLC from step 5 according to the image below
- Click Apply, and wait for the disk resize job to finish.
Expand Protection group.
- Go to SafeHaven console and click on the DR SRN.
The claimed storage pool should now be increased. If it is still showing old value, click on rescan to update it.
- Click on the Protection group with the resized source VM.
- Under General panel, click on Expand in front of Protection Group Size.
- Enter the new size. If the original size was 100GB and you added 10 GB more, then write 110GB here. Click ok.
- Wait for the PG resize hob to finish.
Expand VM disk from SafeHaven console.
- Once the PG resize job is finished, click on Virtual Servers tab within the same PG.
- Click on the VM that needs to be resized.
- Selec the disk that needs to be resized.
- Scroll to the right, and click on expand
- Enter the new size of the disk, and click Finish.
Check the replication on source VM
- Login to the Source VM.
- run SafeHaven tools commandline as administrator. You can find it by searching "tools" from windows start menu.
- Type DgSyncEx.exe, and press enter.
- Type, rescan, and press enter to update the disk size in source VM.
- Type list, and press enter.
- Make sure the resized source disk has the same sized replica disk.
This finishes the resize process. You will see clean checkpoints once the additional disk is replicated.
Observação: If you run into any issues while following this KB article, then please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for support.