This article outlines how the self-service Edge Account Activation Process works.
Audience & Prerequisites
Existing Lumen Customer with a Control Center account
- User must be a current Lumen Customer with a Control Center account to use the digital self-service Edge account activation process.
- User must know their Control Center account credentials. You can find help regarding control center credentials here.
Existing Lumen Customer without a Control Center account
If you are an existing Lumen customer but do not have a Control Center account, you can create a Control Center account here.
You will need to provide your company Billing Account Number (BAN) to create the Control Center account.
Once you have successfully created a Control Center account, you can follow the same digital self-service Edge account activation process outlined under the 'Edge Account Activation Process' section below.
Existing Lumen Customers can also reach out to their account manager for further assistance with this process.
Novo cliente da Lumen
Self-service Edge account activation will be available in the future to new customers.
If you are a new Lumen customer and want to create an Edge account, please go here and choose the "Contact an Expert" button.
A Lumen account specialist will reach out to you within 3 business days to assist you.
Edge Account Activation Process
- Please go here to start the process.
- Select the "Sign In To Control Center" button.
- Enter your Control Center credentials.
- A form will pre-populate based on the Control Center credentials provided.
- Fill out the form and review for accuracy.
- Please review, save, or print the documents listed under the 'By clicking Agree' section on the form.
- Click the check box next to 'By clicking Agree' after you have fully read and agree to the terms provided.
- Click the 'I'm not a robot' box.
- Please review the additional terms listed under the 'Activate Account' button.
- Click the 'Activate Account' button after you have fully read and agree to the terms provided.
- Your Account Activation request will then automatically process.
- If your account activation is successful, you will see a pop-up message display on the page that says "Success!" and will receive an email with your Edge Account information.
- The email will contain the customer specific URL to access the Lumen Edge Orchestrator portal, credentials, and other helpful Getting Started and Support information.
- Once you receive the email, you can access the Lumen Edge Orchestrator portal and start to self-service provision Edge Computing Solutions.
Edge Account Activation Failures
There are two reasons why you may get an Edge account activation failure message.
- Your organization already has an Edge Account.
In this scenario, you will see a pop-up message display on the page that says "Account Already Exists".
In this event, you will need to Contact your Control Center system administrator to request access to the account.
- Account Activation Failed for unknown reasons
In this scenario, you will see a pop-up message display on the page that says "Something went wrong".
In this event, please reach out to the Lumen Edge Customer Care team 24/7 by phone 800-536-3273 or by email at EdgeServicesIncident@lumen.com.
Live Click to Chat support is also available to assist you with any questions or issues you may have with the account activation process.
Simply click the "Chat with an Expert" bubble in the bottom right corner of the page and someone will assist you promptly.
Live Click to Chat support available is available M-F from 8am-7pm EST.