This Solana User guide outlines the step-by-step processes to create networks, provision and manage bare metal servers, and how to get support within the Lumen Edge Services portal specific to the contracted server configurations and locations approved for Solana Validators/RPC.
- Customer has a Control Center account with an active Edge Bare Metal account approved for Solana special pricing.
- Customer can successfully access the Edge Services portal. First time log-in guide can be found here.
Important: Add your instance credentials (Linux or Windows) to your user profile before you provision a bare metal server to avoid being locked out. If you provision a bare metal server without credentials, delete the server, add your credentials, and provision a replacement bare metal server.
Provisioning a Solana Edge bare metal server
Use the Edge Services portal to provision Lumen® Edge Bare Metal servers (referred to as an instance in the portal).
Before you can provision a bare metal server, you must provision a network. After a bare metal server is provisioned, you can view the details and make edits to the information in the bare metal server.
After ordering the server, it takes approximately 30 minutes for the server to provision. If you no longer need the bare metal server, you can delete it.
To Provision a Bare Metal Server
Sign in to the Edge Services portal.
Provision a network - Once the network is available, move to step 3 to provision the server.
Note: Bare metal servers must be provisioned in the same location as the assigned network. See the list below of approved Solana locations prior to building your network and server.
Click Provisioning, then click Catalog.
The Edge Services portal displays the available items in the provisioning catalog.
On the Bare Metal tile, click ORDER.
On the bare metal order screen, complete the following fields:
If you want to provision multiple bare metal servers in one session, click ADD TO ORDER, then repeat step 4.
If you want to provision the bare metal server now, click ORDER NOW.
The Edge Services portal provisions the bare metal server. This can take up to 30 minutes. Billing for the Bare Metal server starts once it is fully provisioned. You can track the progress of the provisioning and view the estimated time to completion.
After the bare metal server is provisioned, you will receive an email alert.
North America Locations & (Markets)
- Albany, NY (New York)
- Albuquerque, NM (Albuquerque)
- Amarillo, TX (Amarillo)
- Austin, TX (Austin)
- Amarillo, TX (Amarillo)
- Billings, MT (Billings)
- Boise, ID (Boise)
- Broadview, IL (Chicago)
- Cambridge, MA (Boston)
- Casper, WY (Casper)
- Cedar Rapids, IA (Cedar Rapids)
- Charlotte, NC (Charlotte)
- Cincinnati, OH (Cincinnati)
- Cleveland, OH (Cleveland)
- Dallas, TX (Dallas)
- Denver, CO (Denver)
- Detroit, MI (Detroit)
- El Paso, TX (El Paso)
- Fresno, CA (Fresno)
- Herndon, VA (Washington DC)
- Houston, TX (Houston)
- Indianapolis, IN (Indianapolis)
- Jackson, MS (Jackson)
- Jacksonville, FL (Jacksonville)
- Kansas City, MO (Kansas City)
- Lachine, QC (Montreal)
- Las Vegas, NV (Las Vegas)
- Little Rock, AK (Little Rock)
- Madison, WI (Madison)
- McAllen, TX (McAllen)
- Metairie, LA (New Orleans)
- Minnetonka, MN (Minneapolis)
- Nashville, TN (Nashville)
- Omaha, NE (Omaha)
- Philadelphia, PA (Philadelphia)
- Phoenix, AZ (Phoenix)
- Pittsburgh, PA (Pittsburgh)
- Portland, OR (Portland)
- Reno, NV (Reno)
- Sacramento, CA (Sacramento)
- Salt Lake City, UT (Salt Lake City)
- San Antonio, TX (San Antonio)
- San Diego, CA (San Diego)
- Santa Clara, CA (San Jose)
- Spokane, WA (Spokane)
- St.Louis, MO (St.Louis)
- Tampa, FL (Tampa)
- Toronto, ON (Toronto)
- Tulsa, OK (Tulsa)
- Tustin, CA (Tustin)
- Vancouver, BC (Vancouver)
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Frankfurt, Germany
- London, England
- Munich, Germany
- Paris, France
Important Notes for Solana Validators/RPC
The Bare Metal Server plans that have Solana in the name are the only servers that are approved for Solana Validator/RPC software.
It is the responsibility of the Solana Validator/RPC to select the approved server plan. If the wrong server plan is selected, the Validator/RPC is responsible for any incurred charges, and will be billed accordingly at list price.
Solana Validators/RPC are approved to purchase up to two Validator/RPC servers at the special Solana contracted rate per the contract you agreed to.
All Solana labeled servers are shown at the Solana special pricing in the portal. All other services are at list pricing in the portal which applies to any services you procure above and beyond the two Validator/RPC servers that are outlined in the Solana Validator/RPC contract. Partial month usage is pro-rated and as this is a usage-based platform, you are billed for services a month in arrears. You can learn more about billing here.
During provisioning, only the primary disk on bare metal server is preconfigured to give the user more control over the volume configuration. All additional disks are left in a raw state for configuration as you see fit.
Additional Resources and Support
- To learn more about how to manage your Bare Metal servers, please visit this Knowledge Base article Library.
- You can also access this knowledge base library directly from the Edge Services portal by clicking Support>Knowledge Base (in the upper-right corner).
- For immediate live support (24/7), use the Chat with an Expert button in the bottom-right corner of the portal.
- Prefer to contact us another way? Learn about additional support options for Edge Bare Metal.